5 Tips for Spanish Language Learning
this Holiday Season
- Give books as gifts: Books make the best regalos! Not only are you fostering a love of reading but you are conveying to your little ones that books are special and should be treasured (especially if they come all the way from the North Pole!). Plus, they’re easy to wrap and help you grow your home library.
- Play holiday songs: There are so many Spanish holiday songs we can recommend - from Jose Feliciano’s timeless classic “Feliz Navidad,” to “Mi Burrito Sabanero,” - an endearing song about a donkey’s journey to Bethlehem. These songs will get you in the holiday spirit pronto. Spanish and non-Spanish speakers alike will find themselves humming along as they're filled with multilingual holiday cheer.
- Spend time with relatives: If you have Spanish-speaking relatives, what better way to spend the holidays than by sharing good food, stories, and reliving memories together, all while practicing Spanish?
- Use the language to help others: In this season of giving, create opportunities for your kids to help using his/her Spanish at a food kitchen, homeless shelter, or any other place to give back. This will deepen your kid’s value of his/her language skills as they learn that their skills not only help them but allow them to help others.*
- Travel when you can: Use your vacation days wisely and hop on a plane if you can, to spend the holidays in Latin America. We hear Santa switches his sleigh for a surfboard down south!
Nuria is an entrepreneur and mom raising two bilingual children. She joined forces with another mom, Susie Jaramillo, and founded Encantos – a family entertainment and education company for today’s multicultural families.
Together they launched Canticos – a bilingual baby and toddler brand with books, apps, and sing-along videos is the first brand from. Nuria serves as Executive Producer of Canticos digital shorts which are now available across Nick Jr.’s digital preschool platforms: on NickJr.com/Canticos, Nick Jr.’s YouTube page and on the Nick Jr. and NOGGIN apps.
- All Categories
- Bilingual is Better
- Early Literacy
- Parent Hacks
Subscribe to our newsletter